Six Madison Metropolitan School District teachers will be presented with UW-Madison’s School of Education Rockwell Awards during an education celebration in mid-November. The Rockwell Awards recognize excellent educators who have chosen to pass on their expertise by providing professional experiences for UW-Madison student teachers.
The award ceremony will celebrate the 2020 and 2021 honorees. MMSD award winners include:
- Angel Ericksen, Leopold Elementary third grade DLI teacher
- Joshua Newland, Memorial High School art teacher
- Tanya Jensen, Stephens Elementary speech language pathologist
- Allison Milley, Stephens Elementary cross categorical teacher
- Thomas Blau, Sennett Middle School language arts teacher
- Peter Thompson, Sennett Middle School cross categorical teacher
Award winners are required to advise at least five UW-Madison student teachers, and demonstrate an ability to establish an inclusive classroom environment; model teaching skills and a passion for the profession; and provide effective guidance, feedback, and opportunities for student teachers.