Will you drive for us this fall?
We need additional school bus drivers to get our scholars to school on time this September.
When schools abruptly closed in March of 2020, we asked you to come together to help keep our students engaged, connected, nourished, and loved. We needed all hands on deck then – and you stepped up. It was a dramatic show of generosity, compassion, and cooperation.
Like so many industries across the nation, the transportation sector is experiencing unprecedented staff shortages. We are ready to welcome our scholars back full time, and they're ready. We need your help to get them to school.
Maybe you've never considered driving a school bus before. We're asking you to consider it.
Are you retired and available for a couple hours in the morning or the afternoon? A stay-at-home parent or guardian in need of a job with flexible hours? Maybe you're a community leader who shares our vision that every MMSD student will graduate ready for college, career, and community.
We've shown how we can come together in a time of crisis, and we have confidence that – once again – heroes will emerge to serve our students, and that our scholars will continue to grow in their brilliance and resilience through the 2021–22 school year.
I'm here, in partnership with Badger Bus, to put a call out to the community.
– Superintendent Carlton D. Jenkins, Ph.D.
Apply to be a Badger Bus Driver for MMSD Today
Earn while you learn!
Become a Bus Driver and make a difference in our community.
Badger Bus pays for your Commercial Drivers License and all of your training for new drivers - PLUS a $5,000 Sign-On Bonus for new and CDL-qualified drivers.
We are seeking motivated and enthusiastic individuals looking to succeed in a place where you can advance and grow professionally! If you enjoy being a difference-maker in a child's life, then we are looking for you.
A Part-Time School Bus Driver with Badger Bus Can Expect:
- Flexibility - with 20-24 hours per week - or more
- Wages - starting pay at $20.00, more for experienced drivers
- 2 to 4 routes daily weekdays (about 4 hours +/-) each day during school sessions.
- Optional additional work opportunities and earning compensation:
- Fields Trips
- After-school activities
- Mid-day routes
- Annual Retention/Performance/Safety Bonus
- Work from our conveniently located base in Madison
- Home every night!
- Weekday working hours (shifts) typically correlate specifically to the start and end of school days, often between the hours of 6:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m., and then again between 2:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Split shifts will apply (routes in the morning and in the afternoon)
- Additional driving work may be offered during the day, between routes
- Some opportunity for evening and weekend work may be available for extra earnings
Qualifications and Skills:
- A valid Class A or B Commercial Driver's License (CDL), preferably with P & S endorsements
- Badger Bus can assist with needed training and endorsements
- An acceptable Driving Record
- Acceptable Pre-Employment Drug Screen Results
- Acceptable Criminal Background Check Results
- Pre-hire registration with the FMCSA Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse
- At least 21 years old
- 3 years of vehicle driving experience
Benefits and Perks:
- We offer continued paid training. Advancement within the company is both available and commonplace.
- Referral and Retention Bonuses.
- Badger Bus is a local, family-run business that has been in Madison for 100 years. We offer a family-oriented and employee-first culture where every single team member has a critical voice in the decision-making process.