This week, the team hosted students from Badger Rock Middle School to assist in laying brick at the new main entrance. These types of events give students the chance to participate in the construction of their space while also learning about the trades.
On site, the exterior details are wrapping up with masonry, and metal panel installation. The feature skylight is on-site and the frame has been set in place. The skylight will provide natural light to the space and create a welcoming environment for students. Inside the building, work is ongoing including painting, installing ceilings, laying flooring, and polished concrete. It will be a busy summer getting ready for the opening of the 2023-24 school year!
- Setting of skylight glass
- Continuing flooring on first floor and wood floor in gym
- Installing ceilings and continuing painting on first floor
- Continuing the install of cabinets and cubbies
- Installing mechanical, electrical, and plumbing hook ups south addition
DID YOU KNOW? With an original square footage of around 19,000 and almost 50,000 square footage of new additions, when complete Southside Elementary will be 72% new space!