Despite a weekly snowy and windy weather pattern, both the masons and the roofers have braved the elements to continue making progress. The building façade is finally beginning to take on a finished appearance starting on the south side, where the brick veneer is being laid and the roofers are finishing the gym roof. The third floor is coming together as painting has added some color to the walls and the ceiling grid has started. On the second floor, drywall, taping, sanding, priming, and painting are ongoing. Wall framing is nearly finished on the north end of the first floor, and drywall is being installed on the south and west sides. Demolition work is in progress on the windows connected to the existing building. The mechanical, engineering, plumbing, and fire protection (MEPF) trades continue to work on all floors.
Ongoing construction activities
- Installing roofing on the gym
- Continuing masonry work on the south and west sides
- Drywalling, taping, and sanding throughout the building
- Installing the ceiling grid on the third floor
- Continuing in-wall and overhead mechanical, sprinkler, electrical, and plumbing work on all floors
- Spraying fireproofing for the beams and columns around the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) shafts
DID YOU KNOW? The existing building will be getting an upgraded fire alarm system, upgraded PA system, and new food service equipment during the summer of 2023.