Over spring break, demolition was completed in the pool locker rooms and is ongoing in the next phase of classroom renovations including the second-floor career services and English rooms. Findorff masons have begun work to construct the new pool locker room interior walls, providing an improved functional layout for these high traffic spaces. The pool locker rooms will have many of the same features as the recently completed lower- level locker rooms. Inside the 4th Street addition, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire (MEPF) work continues, and exterior masonry veneer work is set to begin later this month.
We are committed to keeping you informed as we complete construction for the MMSD 2020 facilities referendum.
Updates on current work
- Completed renovated basement locker room area
- Completed renovated third-floor science classrooms, allowing the start of second-floor career services and English classroom renovations
- Continued concrete masonry unit (CMU) walls and
- MEPF work in the pool locker room
- Began exterior masonry veneer work on the new 4th Street addition soon
DID YOU KNOW? Once construction is complete, Findorff will have remodeled over 21,700 sq. ft. of locker room space at East High School. With Madison’s average home size of 1,977 sq. ft., this is as big as 11 Madison homes!