As the calendar flipped to 2023, construction crews wrapped up the second-floor math and science classroom renovations and move-in is underway. The science classrooms received new cabinets with epoxy tops, mobile tables, and durable, polished, and sealed concrete floors. The math classroom renovations included new carpets and ceilings, and all classrooms received new light fixtures and upgraded heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems.
The music and visual arts additions continue to come together as well. New ceilings, flooring, and cabinets are the focus of the music addition. Final wall framing, drywalling, and painting are moving along in the visual arts area. Locker room renovations are nearly complete and will be ready by next month.
Upcoming construction activity
- Wrapping up second-floor classroom renovations
- Installing lockers and benches in the locker rooms south of the fieldhouse
- Putting in flooring and fixtures in the music addition
- Completing brick and metal panels on the technical education addition
- Finishing painting, ceilings, and flooring in the technical education addition
- Shifting to the next phases of construction, which include additional locker rooms, a new bank branch, and the digital arts area
Did You Know - Once complete, the additions at Memorial High School will improve accessibility and traffic flow throughout the building. The new arts labs on the east side connect the main building to the automotive and engineering labs, which were previously detached. Also, this summer, an elevator will be added to improve access to the second-floor dance studio, weight room, and upper-level gym.