As summer winds down, construction crews are making quick progress on the new pool and gym addition at West High School. On the first level of the new addition, the athletic and pool lockers have been installed. Crews are also installing rubber flooring in the wrestling and weight rooms. The exterior of the physical education classroom and second-floor locker room have been finished with new brick and new windows.
Upcoming construction activity
- Painting the counselor’s offices on the first floor
- Installing flooring in the principal’s office and nurse’s offices
- Installing bleachers in the gym and the pool area
- Wrapping up work on the library door frames and
- Beginning carpet installation
DID YOU KNOW? The dehumidifying rooftop unit located above the pool weighs approximately 23,700 lbs. In comparison, the average weight of a wooly mammoth was approximately 11,000 lbs. This means that a single rooftop unit is just shy of the combined weight of two wooly mammoths!