Superintendent's Impact Awards
The Superintendent’s Impact Awards recognize outstanding achievements of the MMSD community.
The nomination process provides a systematic method for identifying individuals, and ensuring they receive appropriate recognition for their efforts on behalf of MMSD students.
These awards are designed to recognize stakeholders who truly stand out within MMSD:
- Educate to Liberate - Teach to Liberate: The nominee works to ensure advancement in equity, and support, for underserved and disenfranchised communities through education and access by demonstrating a commitment to high-quality instruction. Instructional staff (ex: teachers, instructional coaches) are eligible for nomination.
- Educate to Liberate - Lead to Liberate: The nominee works to ensure advancement in equity, and support, for underserved and disenfranchised communities through education and access by demonstrating exemplary leadership skills. Non-instructional staff (ex: school principals, school support staff, Central Office / Pflaum / MSCR staff) are eligible for nomination.
- Educate to Liberate - Future Liberator: The nominee works to ensure advancement in equity, and support, for underserved and disenfranchised communities through education and access by demonstrating outstanding promise. MMSD students are eligible for nomination.
The nomination window closed January 4, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. CST.
2023 Award Winners:
Community Award Winners:
Luis and Lupita Montoto, La Movida Radio
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can be nominated? MMSD staff and students, families can be nominated.
Who can nominate? Staff or students from the MMSD community can nominate themselves or another individual.
How does one nominate? Fill out and submit the nomination form (above) by Wednesday, January 4, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. CST.
What are the award criteria?
- High performance
- Willingness to go above and beyond
- Personal impact within immediate surroundings
- Personal impact on the entire district
- Positive professional relationship with other MMSD stakeholders
- Commitment to self-improvement and development
- Activities and accomplishments that brought distinct to the stakeholder and/or the district
How can I ensure I submit a strong nomination?
- This award is for individuals who have demonstrated a consistent willingness to go above and beyond.
- Be specific and list examples. Saying someone is great is not sufficient. Instead, describe in detail what makes that person a great role model in our district. For example, maybe the person started an activity for students, hosted a community service program, boosted morale in your school, or created a process that helps your department run more efficiently. Do not assume the selection committee knows everything your nominee does. We need you to tell us!
- Note, the selection committee will only review the nomination form. Do not ask the panel to contact you or other staff members for additional information about your nominee.
- Review the below rubric to speak to the nominee’s qualifications.
How are winners selected? The Superintendent and a committee will review the nominations and use a scoring rubric to select winners. One recipient will be selected for each award category.
How are the winners recognized? Recipients will receive an award engraved with their name.
When will recipients be recognized? The Superintendent will recognize winners in January.
Questions? Please email email@example.com
|Demonstrated Willingness to Go “Above and Beyond”||
Nomination provides specific details and/or examples that may demonstrate strong responsibilities performance but do not clearly demonstrate/describe performance that is above and beyond
|Nomination provides some specific details and/or examples of where stakeholder went above and beyond scope/requirements of responsibilities and/or demonstrated consistent excellence in responsibilities/performance||Nomination provides details and/or examples that clearly support stakeholder contributions/actions that are above and beyond what is normally expected and the stakeholder clearly stands out among peers|
|Personal Impact on Immediate Surroundings||Nomination did not provide specific details and/or examples of how stakeholder had positive impact in MMSD; OR examples provided are not outside of normal expectations of good performance||Nomination provides some specific details and/or examples that demonstrate/describe positive impact in MMSD||Nomination provides details and/or examples that clearly support stakeholder’s positive personal impact in MMSD|
|Personal Impact Outside of Immediate Surroundings (District and/or Community)||Nomination did not provide specific details and/or examples of how stakeholder had broad impact outside their immediate responsibilities; OR examples provided are not outside of normal expectations of good performance||Nomination provides some specific details and/or examples that demonstrate/describe positive impact outside of immediate surroundings||Nomination provides details and/or examples that clearly support stakeholder’s positive personal impact outside of immediate surroundings|
|Activities or Accomplishments that Brought Distinction to the Stakeholder and/or District||Nomination does not provide specific details and/or examples of unique activities or specific accomplishments for which stakeholder was recognized||Nomination provides some specific details and/or examples of unique activities or specific accomplishments bringing distinction/recognition to stakeholder||Nomination provides details and/or examples that clearly demonstrate unique activities and specific accomplishments that brought distinction/recognition to stakeholder|
|Role Model of Excellence (relationships, accomplishments, self-improvement, above/beyond, unique qualities/contributions)||Based on all information provided/known, the stakeholder is a good role model/example for others but does not clearly stand out as an exemplary role model of excellence||Based on all information provided/known, the stakeholder is a very good role model/example for others and stands out as exemplary role model in several aspects||Based on all information provided/known, the stakeholder is a clear and unique example of someone who is a role model of excellence for others to follow|