Early College Education Academy
The Early College Education Academy is a partnership between the Madison Metropolitan School District and Madison College.
The Early College Education Academy is an NEW amazing opportunity afforded to students interested in Education or an Education related field, the opportunity to get an early start and begin coursework towards this area of study while in high school. It is also a strategy to support the educator shortage in MMSD (Wisconsin) by providing a pathway for high school seniors to be introduced to a career in K12 education, and begin a course of study toward a bachelor’s degree. To that end, students from under-represented populations are the primary audience, as they embody the biggest gap in teacher representation across Wisconsin.
Early College Education Academy is designed for high school seniors to attend Madison College full time for free. Classes available at both Madison College’s Truax and Goodman South locations. Students will have the opportunity to complete up to 30 Madison College credits within the Liberal Arts Transfer-Education Associate Degree during the fall and spring semester of their senior year of high school. The Early College Education Academy at Madison College is aligned with transfer programs to finish your education training.
Application window will open on Monday, February 5th and close March 22nd, 2024
All students are encouraged to apply, with a special emphasis on those that are traditionally underrepresented in educational related fields, including students who identify as male and students of color.
Virtual Informational Sessions
- How do I apply?
- Can students still participate in co-curricular activities at their home high school?
- My child is taking advanced math coursework. Will they have math course options to fit their current placement?
- Are there other elective course options available (World Languages, Social Sciences, Humanities, Art, etc.)?
- What does the daily schedule in the program look like?
- Where will classes take place?
- My child is in DLI – can they participate in the Education Academy?
- My child is in AVID – can they participate in the Education Academy?
- Are students eligible for scholarships for additional college work after they graduate from the Ed Academy?
- Can a student enrolled in the Education Academy take a class back at their home school?
For general questions about the program contact
Mary Jankovich firstname.lastname@example.org 608-698-9511
Capital High - Marianne Matt email@example.com
East - Sarah Elmore firstname.lastname@example.org
La Follette - Carrie Garlough email@example.com
Memorial - Karen Dominguez firstname.lastname@example.org
Shabazz - Elizabeth Long email@example.com