MMSD Approved Diagnostic Assessments
Below you will find the list of approved diagnostic assessments for use in the Madison Metropolitan School District. These assessments are current, have established professional development within the district, and provide the breadth of coverage that is required for use within the district. These tests should only be given by qualified, licensed professionals.
Staff may also use other non-standardized tests / measures, as part of their assessment of a student, e.g. systematic observations, parent interviews, and other components of a comprehensive evaluation. Please contact your PST / Lead for Psych / SW, S/L, or OT/PT for more information.
Work is underway to add guidance around the use of gender norms for transgender and gender diverse students.
Diagnostic Test Review forms
Staff: if you wish to have a different diagnostic tool added to the list of approved assessments, please go through the process listed on this page.
To Request Tests, Forms or Materials:
- Complete this Google Request Form for test kits and protocols.
- Most recent Academic Achievement list -- updated January 2023
- Most recent Adaptive Behavior list -- updated January 2020
- Most recent Autism list -- updated January 2020
- Most recent Early Childhood list -- updated January 2020
Speech and Language:
- Most recent Speech and Language list -- updated March 2019
- Most recent Behavior list -- updated January 2020
- Most recent Cognitive list -- updated January 2020
Fine, Gross & Sensory Motor:
- Most recent Fine, Gross & Sensory Motor list -- updated January 2020
Universal Social Emotional Screeners:
- Most recent Universal Social Emotional screener list -- updated June 2020
Spanish Academic and Cognitive:
- Most recent Spanish Academic and Cognitive list -- updated January 2020