Please complete this form to nominate an MMSD staff member
- Deadline for nominations is Thursday, February 28th.
- Nominators and Nominees must be current MMSD staff members.
- Nominators can nominate more than one person in the same of different categories. Please do not submit multiple nominations for the same staff member.
- All nominations are kept anonymous. We will inform your nominee that they have been nominated, but it is up to you to let them know that it was you who nominated them.
- Award winners and nominators will be informed of selected winners in March.
- Award winners and all nominees will be honored at a reception and ceremony to be held March 19, 2019.
- Great Teaching - Teacher of the Year: recognizes a teacher whose work exemplifies all of the district’s core values and the best practices in the field of education. Nominee must have been employed as a teacher with the MMSD for at least three years.
- Great Leadership - Principal of the Year: recognizes a principal whose work exemplifies all of the district’s core values and the best practices in the field of education. Nominee must have been employed as a principal with the MMSD for at least three years.
- Great Support - Support Employee of the Year: recognizes an employee in any category other than teacher or principal, who provides direct support to students. Nominee must have been employed with the MMSD for at least three years.
- School-Based Leadership Team: recognizes a team that has made great strides toward implementing best practices within a school that is meeting or exceeding the goals of their School Improvement Plan.
- Teacher Collaboration Team: recognizes a team that has made great strides toward implementing best practices in teacher teaming.
- Schools at the Center: recognizes a central office staff member who best demonstrates the idea that schools are the driving force of change in our district.
- Students at the Center: recognizes an employee who uses a student-centered, students-first approach, provides exceptional support to students and develops strong relationships that honor students' cultures and engage them in school.
- Cultural & Linguistic Responsiveness: recognizes an employee or team who models practices that engage students in ways that connect with and reflect every student’s cultural heritage, race, language, and individuality.
- Professional Development: recognizes an individual who has provided outstanding professional development or coaching to employees
- Coherent Instruction: recognizes an employee or team who has helped our district make major strides in our efforts to provide every student with well-rounded, culturally responsive and coherent instruction that leads to college, career and community readiness.
- Pathways: recognizes an employee or team who has made major strides toward engaging middle and high school students in charting personalized pathways to college, career and community readiness.
- Family and Community Engagement: recognizes an individual or team who has helped make major strides in our efforts to engage families and community members as partners.
- Thriving Workforce: recognizes an individual or team who has helped make major strides in our efforts to cultivate a work environment that attracts, develops and retains top talent.
- Continuous Improvement: recognizes an individual or team who has helped make major strides in our efforts to engage in continuous improvement and effective data use at every level.
Selection Criteria and Committee
Award winners are selected based on the criteria established for each category. The awards committee, comprised of members of the Superintendent’s three advisory groups: Teacher, Parent and Principal Advisory, will evaluate each nomination. Nominators and nominees are kept anonymous throughout the selection process.