“We might not get another opportunity like this in our lifetimes.”
What ideas do you have that...
- leverage student leadership
- support collaboration with and between students, families and different community organizations
- provide for experiences that bring students outside of the traditional 4 classroom walls
- create experiences that bring our community into our schools and classrooms
Congratulations to our BIG IDEA finalists!
What would you do if you had 1 year and $9.5 million to change the game for MMSD?
We have been given an opportunity of a lifetime to unite, redefine and rebuild our Madison public schools as we navigate through multiple pandemics. An $18.9 million Esser II Grant has been awarded to MMSD, $9.5 million of the grant has been earmarked for the BIG IDEA campaign to be bold, creative and strategic as we transform our work.
We are asking YOU, our Staff, Students, Families and Madison Community to bring us your BIG IDEA, so we come back better, thriving as a united community.
We know our schools need funds large and small for projects to: Accelerating + Enriching Learning Experiences, Improve Reading, Use of Technologies, Social Emotional Learning, Mental Health and Wellness, Post Secondary Planning, and the Arts. We also know that by harnessing our communities creative power and brilliance we can find solutions that will positively impact students in MMSD.
This is your opportunity to have your BIG, bold, fresh IDEA heard!
- Any MMSD school or department, staff member and student should apply
- Community partner 501(c)(3) agencies and community members: We want your ideas, too! If your ideas involve one of MMSD’s community partners your work will need to be carried out in collaboration with MMSD school(s) and/or MMSD district department(s)
BIG IDEA Timeline
Submissions were Due by 11:59 pm on Wednesday, April 28th.