Education and Child Services
MMSD Career pathways are a series of connected education, experiential learning, and support strategies aimed at helping students personalize and achieve their own educational and career goals.
The Education and Child Services Program of Study offers a sequence of courses specifically designed to prepare students for employment and postsecondary options in education (early, elementary, special education), child services, program administration and leadership, and other related fields.
The earlier a student begins this sequence, the more opportunities they will have to explore fully educational and community options available. Course fees may vary at the high schools.
- Principles of Education
- Introduction to Lifespan Development
- Working with Young Children
- *Regular Education Academy
- *Special Education Academy
Early College/Dual Credit Opportunities
- Introductory Practicum
- Nutrition, Safety, and Health
- Child Development
- Social Studies, Art, and Music
- Guiding Children's Behavior
- Early Language and Literacy
- Preschool Practicum
- Students with Different Abilities
- Intro to Education and Teaching
- Education in a Pluralistic Society
- Afro-American History
- Written Communications
- Intro to Sociology/Psychology
Industry Certificates For High School Students
- ACCT (Assistant Child Care Teacher) & Infant/Toddler Endorsement
- Basic Early Childhood Educator
- Coop Skill Certificates
- Wisconsin Youth Leadership Certificate
- Wisconsin Employability Skills Certificate
Explore in and out-of-state options in Education, child services, program management, administration, and others.
MMSD Graduation Requirements
Students need 22 credits to earn their diplomas. In addition, students need to pass the State of Wisconsin Civics Exam.
- English: 4 credits
- Math: 3 credits
- Social Studies: 3 credits
- Science: 3 credits
- Physical Education: 1.5 credits
- Health: .5 credits
- Financial Literacy: Complete a course
- Humanities: 1 credit
- Civics Exam: Must Pass
Xello - MMSD Career Exploration Platform
As an MMSD student, you can explore all the six career paths (2 & 4 Year College, Apprenticeship, Job Training, Job/Employment, Military, and Gap Year) through Xello. Create an account today and find out which path is right for you!
Contact us at: