Technology and Engineering
MMSD Career pathways are a series of connected education, experiential learning, and support strategies aimed at helping students personalize and achieve their own educational and career goals.
The Technology and engineering program of study offers a sequence of courses specifically designed to prepare students for employment and postsecondary options in engineering, technology, science, mathematics, distribution, logistics planning, infrastructure planning, and other related industries.
The earlier a student begins this sequence, the more opportunities students will have to explore fully the educational and community options available. Course fees may vary at the high schools.
- Principles of Engineering
- Digital Electronics
- Civil Engineering and Architecture
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Engineering Design and Development
- Aerospace Engineering
Early College/Dual Credit Opportunities
- Wood Fabrication 4, Madison College
- Computer Hardware and Software Essentials
- Basic Arc Welding (SMAW)
- Fabrication 1
- Fundamentals of Construction
- Gas Metal Arc Welding
- Interpreting Engineering Drawings
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding
- Woodworking 1A: Machinery & Methods
- Gas Metal Arc Welding
- Machine Tool
Career & Technical Student Organizations
SkillsUSA - The competitions that students participate in are directly related to classroom curriculum.
Industry Certificates For High School Students
- SP/2 (Safety and Pollution Prevention)
- Coop Skill Certificates
- Wisconsin Youth Leadership Certificate
- Wisconsin Employability Skills Certificate
Explore options in Engineering, Technology, Industrial Technology Management, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Supply Chain & operations management, and others.
MMSD Graduation Requirements
Students need 22 credits to earn their diplomas. In addition, students need to pass the State of Wisconsin Civics Exam.
- English: 4 credits
- Math: 3 credits
- Social Studies: 3 credits
- Science: 3 credits
- Physical Education: 1.5 credits
- Health: .5 credits
- Financial Literacy: Complete a course
- Humanities: 1 credit
- Civics Exam: Must Pass
Xello - MMSD Career Exploration Platform
As an MMSD student, you can explore all the six career paths (2 & 4 Year College, Apprenticeship, Job Training, Job/Employment, Military, and Gap Year) through Xello. Create an account today and find out which path is right for you!
Contact us at: