Equity, Partnerships and Engagement
The office of Equity and Engagement actively uses universal and targeted strategies aimed to disrupt societal and historical inequities and eliminate disparities based on race and socioeconomic status so that our entire learning community, including all staff and all students, benefit and thrive.
- Strengthen partnerships with Family, Youth & Community (FYCE) .
- Convene community, family members, staff and students to give voice on Black Excellence. We will report out on a regular basis our progress on recommendations made by the Black Excellence Coalition, Black Excellence Think Tank and Black Educators Network.
- Support a group of committed MMSD employees designated as Equity Fellows.
- Collaborate with the departments of Central Office to enact the use of equitable decision-making and practices by using the Equity Tool and to promote racial justice.
- Convene a library of resources available on ways to achieve racial equity.
- Participate in District networks committed to achieving racial equity.
Resources for Families
Resources for Schools