Guidelines for distribution of non-school related materials: Partnerships
Partnerships that have been formalized through the Department of Strategic Partnerships and Innovation wishing to distribute, post or make available materials or information to MMSD students through schools in the Madison Metropolitan School District shall follow the guidelines outlined on this page.
The materials or information made available to MMSD schools and students shall meet the following criteria:
- Be directed to students
- Come from an agency or group that has a formalized partnership with the MMSD and is part of the program or activity outlined in the partnership Memorandum of Agreement
- Contain the following disclaimer:
The Madison Metropolitan School District is proud to recognize the [PROGRAM NAME] programs and activities as a formal partnership with the [COMMUNITY ENTITY NAME].
– Use this disclaimer on Spanish materials:
El Distrito Escolar Metropolitano de Madison se enorgullece al reconocer los programas y actividades de [PROGRAM NAME] al colaborar de manera oficial con [COMMUNITY ENTITY NAME].
- Complete the Online Submission Form and upload your materials and information in a .pdf format. Make sure that you have indicated on the form that you are part of a formalized partnership with the MMSD.
- Your materials and information will be reviewed by the Superintendent or designee to confirm that the materials and information meet the criteria for distribution.
- MMSD will contact you via email to let you know if your form was approved.
- Once the form is approved, you or your organization may not modify the content of the materials and information without re-submitting the materials using the approval process outlined herein.
Distribution process and timeframe
- Approved community notices, materials and information (electronic version) will be posted on a designated MMSD "Community Events" webpage within 10 business days of approval, and listed in the MMSD family newsletter.
- The organization may choose to deliver printed copies of their materials or information to the schools in their target area to be sent home with each student. Specific numbers and bundling information for each school can be found here. Please note: high schools do not have success with this method and therefore their numbers are not listed.
- Alternately, in the interest of equity of opportunity, the organization must deliver or mail 5 printed copies to each school where students of an appropriate age for the event attend. A printable mailing label template for all school buildings is available at the bottom of this page.
School Label Templates
Please use one of the templates below to print mailing labels to distribute your flyers to schools via U.S. Mail.
Elementary Schools Label Template