In many ways, COVID-19 reinvented education. Public schools across the nation discovered that some of their students flourished in a virtual environment. As such, the Madison Metropolitan School District has reimagined how we support students in the aftermath of a pandemic.
Madison Promise Online Program is a tuition-free online program for MMSD enrolled students. We seek to offer rigorous academics that students may engage in anywhere, provided by innovative teachers that are preparing all students to be community, college, and career ready.
For the 2023-2024 school year, Madison Promise will service students in grades 4-11, with the hope of adding 12th grade in the Fall of 2024, therefore become a 4th-12th grade online program by the Fall of 2024.
Our online program is built on five key principles:
- Strong student engagement
- Teachers who excel at building strong relationships
- Quality training/professional development for teachers
- Student’s school of choice (voice & choice)
CONTACT US: email@example.com
The application for Semester 2 will re-open in January.
“The beauty of online learning is that it puts the learning in the hands of our students in ways we might not be able to do in a traditional classroom setting. Through online learning, we are able to engage students based on their needs and learning styles.”
-Dr. TJ McCray, Executive Director of Library and Technical Services
The application for Semester 2 will re-open in January 2024.
Each application requires students to complete essay questions and provide letters of recommendations.
Students will need to submit letters of recommendation as part of the application process.
- Grades 4-5 will need 1 recommendation from an educator who can speak to their academic abilities.
- Grades 6-11 will need 2 recommendations from educators who can speak to their academic abilities.
If your recommender prefers to share the application directly to Madison Promise please follow these two steps:
- Submit a PDF that includes the person's name, title, email, and phone as part of your application.
- Have them email the letter of recommendation directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please note, it is your responsibility to ensure that your letter of recommendation arrives on or prior to the deadline.
For application questions, please see the FAQ below.
- What questions will my student need to answer as part of the application process?
- Can my students still participate in athletics and co-curricular activities if they are enrolled in Madison Promise?
- Will teachers have office hours or be available after class time?
- What is the program design for 4th and 5th grade students?
- What are the start and end times?
- What electives will be offered?
- Do I sign up for the entire school year?
- What supports are available for students?
- Can my student still take band, orchestra or choir during the school day?
- My student has an IEP - how will you support them?
- What courses will be available for Advanced Learners?
- Why is Madison Promise only for grades 4-11?
- What is the role of the parent?
- Will my student be required to participate in state testing?
- What happens if my student does not engage in online learning?
- My student has open-enrolled with MMSD in the past. Could we do that if we are interested in the Promise Program?
- I am interested in Madison Promise; however, I am not a current MMSD student. Can I apply?
- Will my students be able to receive food services if they are enrolled in the virtual program?