Starting November 6 – Updated School Start & Dismissal Times
As you may have experienced, maintaining routine bus transportation has been a challenge for families not only in MMSD, but across the nation. After careful consideration, MMSD has made the decision to shift some school start and dismissal times across the district for Elementary and Middle Schools beginning Monday, Nov. 6.
Updated bus route information is now available in Infinite Campus and on the MMSD Transportation website. While we know this change can cause disruption to families’ schedules, our hope is to provide the most equitable and reliable transportation possible.
Change: 5 minute difference in start and dismissal times
Elementary Schools Impacted: Chavez, Crestwood, Elvehjem, Emerson, Franklin, Hawthorne, Huegel, Lapham, Leopold, Lincoln, Lowell, Marquette, Mendota, Midvale, Muir, Nuestro Mundo, Olson, Randall, Southside, Stephens, Thoreau
School Start Time: 7:35
Dismissal Time: 2:35 (previously 2:40)
Monday Dismissal Time: 1:10 (previously 1:15)
No Change: to start and dismissal times for existing Tier 2 schools
Change: Anana and Henderson Elementary Schools move from Tier 1 to Tier 2
Elementary Schools: Anana, Gompers, Henderson, Kennedy, Lake View, Lindbergh, Orchard Ridge, Sandburg, Schenk, Shorewood, Van Hise
School Start Time: 8:30
Dismissal Time: 3:30
Monday Dismissal Time: 2:05
Middle Schools: Cherokee, Gillespie, Hamilton, Spring Harbor, Toki, Wright
School Start Time: 8:40
Dismissal Time: 4:10
Monday Dismissal Time: 2:30
Change: The following Middle Schools have a 20 minute difference in start and dismissal times
Middle Schools Impacted: Black Hawk, O’Keeffe, Sennett, Sherman, Whitehorse
School Start Time: 9:00 (previously 8:40)
Dismissal Time: 4:30 (previously 4:10)
Monday Dismissal Time: 2:50 (previously 2:30)
- Why are schedules changing?
- What do the schedule changes look like?
- How did you come to this decision?
- Does the schedule change fix the bus delay problem?
- What criteria was used in determining changes by school?
- Will this affect my scholars ability to have breakfast?
- Why are Anana and Henderson seeing a 50-minute shift?
- What efficiencies will be created by having some elementary schools begin five minutes earlier?
- Wouldn’t having Metro Transit again service middle-schoolers solve the issue?
- Will this affect my middle-schooler being able to get the late bus after MSCR activities?
- Are routes finalized or are they still being developed?
- When will updated route information be available?
- What did consultation with the School Board look like before making this announcement?
- What is causing the bus driver shortage?
- Once this schedule change takes effect, can you guarantee that school buses will no longer be late for pickup and drop off?
- Is the schedule change temporary or for the rest of the year?
Elementary Schools - please note 4K begins 5 minutes prior to elementary start times.
at Frank Allis School
(formerly in the Allis School)
* Shabazz Wednesday Dismissal Time: Variable