MMSD's COVID-19 Case Count
As the majority of students and staff have been engaged in virtual learning from home throughout the 2020-21 school year, various students and staff have been present in MMSD buildings, including:
- students and staff taking part in childcare through MSCR Cares or through private providers operating in our schools
- students and staff engaging in special education programming
- custodial staff, food service workers, nurses, nurse assistants, and other essential staff
- teachers choosing to teach virtually from their classrooms
- administrators and others
This has given us an opportunity to develop and refine our protocols around mask wearing, social distancing, cleaning, daily symptom screening, contact tracing when there is a positive COVID-19 case, temporary closures, and communication to families and staff.
It is our aim to be as transparent as possible. We feel it is important for our community to be aware of the impact the spread of Coronavirus in Madison has on our schools. Our schools have strong mitigation strategies in place, and they have been extremely successful in acting quickly to prevent spread. We implore everyone to take precautions at home and in the public and to monitor your symptoms, never entering MMSD buildings if you are ill. On this page we'll report on the number of positive COVID-19 cases that have been reported in our buildings* over the last 14 days. (For total counts over time, beginning September 8, 2020, please see the last line of the chart.) We update this weekly on Wednesdays.
*Enrollment numbers across our buildings vary.