Community Eligibility Program Schools (CEP)
MMSD's CEP program will also participate in the SSO Free meal benefits. Although CEP schools receive the free meal options during the school year, we want to make sure that this program is acknowledged. Letters for our CEP schools will be posted on the district’s website for any updates regarding CEP. You can find additional resources and information here. Food Service will also be reviewing school eligibility for implementing CEP programs for the 2022-2023 school year.
The Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) is a non-pricing meal service option for schools in low-income areas. CEP allows high-poverty schools to serve breakfast and lunch at no cost to all enrolled students without collecting household applications.
Students enrolled in one of the schools/programs listed below can receive free breakfasts and lunches, regardless of their Free & Reduced meal status.
- Allis Elementary
- Anana Elementary
- Badger Rock Middle School
- Black Hawk Middle School
- Hawthorne Elementary
- Henderson Elementary
- Innovative & Alt HS/Capital High East
- Lake View Elementary
- Leopold Elementary
- Lindbergh Elementary
- Mendota Elementary
- Orchard Ridge Elementary
- Sandburg Elementary
- Schenk Elementary
- Sherman Middle
- Wright Middle
- If there are children living in your household who attend MMSD schools that are not on the list, you need to complete a Free & Reduced application to determine if they qualify to receive free or reduced-price meals.
- If your child transfers to a school that is not on the list, you must submit a Free or Reduced-price application within ten days of the transfer to determine if he/she will qualify to continue receiving free or reduced-price meals. Failure to apply may result in your child being charged full-price for any meals eaten after the ten days.
- In middle and high schools, a la carte items will be available for purchase.
- Receiving free meals at a CEP school does not automatically qualify your child for other school fee waivers. You must complete a simple household income form at your school to determine if you are eligible for school fee waivers.
We are excited to have the CEP program in our district. It is a wonderful opportunity for MMSD’s schools and families, and we are committed to ensuring the success of the program in this school year and beyond.