MMSD Food Pantries
MMSD, in partnership with Second Harvest Foodbank of Southern Wisconsin, is proud to offer a number of school-based food pantries for MMSD families and in the case of the drive through distributions - the entire community.
Locations and Times
- Henderson Elementary (serving La Follette feeder pattern schools) - 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month from 12:30 - 1:30
- Cherokee Middle School - Snack program with in school pantry to support families in crisis.
- Lincoln Elementary - 1st and 3rd Mondays of the month from 12:00 - 1:30pm; Drive through distributions
- Leopold Elementary - Starting September 20, every other Tuesday, 11:00 a.m. until supplies run out. Drive through distributions
- Hawthorne Elementary - 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month. Hawthorne families are also encouraged to visit the East Madison Community Center Food Pantry
- Sandburg Elementary - Available for Sandburg families only. Please contact your student’s teacher for information.
- Lake View Elementary - 3rd Mondays of the month from 3:45 - 5:45 pm; Drive through distributions
- Mendota Elementary - 2nd and 4th Mondays of every month from 2:30 - 4:00 pm; Drive through distributions
- Thoreau weekend food program - Monthly delivery distribution of dry goods for students and families at Thoreau Elementary on the first Friday of each month.
- District-wide program - Emergency food bag program for MMSD students and MMSD families experiencing homelessness or a crisis. The families are referred to the program by MMSD school social workers.
Some quick facts about these sites
The drive through food distribution will typically have boxes of produce, freezer, dairy, and shelf stable dry goods. These will vary from site to site, and week to week.
Stay in your car, food will be loaded into your trunk
Proxy shoppers are allowed
No ID required
MMSD school pantry sites will be closed during school holidays and breaks.