The Madison Metropolitan School District (MMSD) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of religion, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, physical appearance, marital status, disability, arrest or conviction record, membership in the national guard, state defense force, or any reserve component of the military forces of the United States or this state, political belief, sexual orientation, less than honorable discharge, source of income or the fact that an individual is a student.
- 568,593 people live in the greater Madison metropolis.
- 45,317 students enrolled at UW-Madison
- 81st largest city in the U.S.
- 2nd largest city in Wisconsin
- 77 miles: between Madison and Milwaukee
- 122 miles: between Madison and Chicago
- 5: lakes: Mendota, Monona, Wingra, Waubesa, Kegonsa
- 12: public beaches
- 15: off-leash dog parks in Greater Madison
- Under 30: The age of more than half of Madison’s population
- Under 20 minutes: the average commute time for Madisonians