Benefits Open Enrollment 2023
This year’s annual benefits open enrollment period starts October 15 and goes through November 15. Open Enrollment provides the opportunity to make changes to your MMSD benefit elections including medical, dental and vision, as well as voluntary insurance plans. You can enroll, waive, or change plans or add family members not currently enrolled. Please take note that you can also enroll or re-enroll in Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) during this time. If you want to have an FSA for the 2024 calendar year, you must enroll/re-enroll during open enrollment. This benefit does not roll over from year to year. Information on retirement savings plans is also available on the MMSD website.
How do I make changes or enroll?
Open Enrollment must be completed by 11:59 p.m. on November 15, 2023. All benefit changes and new enrollment can be completed online through MMSD’s benefits enrollment website, https://standard.benselect.com. To login:
- Your Username is your employee or “b” number (without the b)
- If you have never logged in to the site before, your default PIN is the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number followed by the last 2 digits of your year of birth
- If you have forgotten your PIN or have trouble logging in, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I learn more?
- Find instructions for enrolling and benefit details on the MMSD Open Enrollment Website.
- Read the step-by-step Open Enrollment Guidebook
- Attend the MMSD Employee Benefits Fair on Wednesday, October 25, 4-7 p.m. at the Holtzman Learning Center (333 Holtzman Road)
- Review the Open Enrollment 101 presentation (to be linked soon)
- Health insurance information
- Dental insurance information
- Vision information
- Life insurance information
What do benefits cost?
Benefit costs are outlined in the Open Enrollment guide. You can also reference our health, dental and vision premium costs webpage.
Join us to learn more about MMSD employee benefits! MMSD HR staff will be available to answer your questions and share more information about employee benefits. You will also be able to connect with our vendors.
When: Wednesday, October 25, 2023
Location: Holtzman Learning Center (333 Holtzman Rd.)
Time: 4- 7 p.m.
Quartz, 5-5:20 p.m.
Dean, 5:20-5:40 p.m.
Delta (Dental and Vision), 5:40-6:10 p.m.
The Standard, 6:10-6:30 p.m.