Employment Verifications and Student Loan Forgiveness
The Madison Metropolitan School District has partnered with Equifax and The Work Number to handle all Verifications of Employment, Verification of Income, and Social Services Verification requests. The Work Number is a fast and secure way to provide proof of your employment or income—a necessary step in many of today’s life events involving credit, financing, or securing of benefits or services. The Work Number simplifies the verification process and accelerates credit decisions through an online system available to verifiers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. More than 200,000 credentialed verifiers (leading mortgage companies, pre-employment screeners, banks, social service agencies and others) access The Work Number to retrieve this critical information-direct from employer payroll feeds- rapidly and securely.
We Use The Work Number to Verify:
- loans (mortgage, vehicle, personal, etc.)
- social services (TANF, SNAP, public housing, Medicaid, WIC, etc.)
Employees should direct the lending institution, property manager, or other business requesting employment or income information to contact The Work Number.
MMSD's Employer Code is 19169
The Work Number is Not Used For:
- retirement buyback
Please contact WRS at 877-533-5020
- verifying employment for DPI licensure (forms 1678 & 1613)
Employees should email these forms directly to Licensing@madison.k12.wi.us.
- teacher and public service loan forgiveness
- references/probability of rehire
- background investigations
- data prior to the last 3 years
Employees should email these forms directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public Student Loan Forgiveness Process
Please submit all loan forgiveness forms to email@example.com. To avoid delays in the process, please send us a completed form including a signature where appropriate. Please see below for answers to certain items on the Public Service Loan Forgiveness form:
- Employer Name: Madison Metropolitan School District
- FEIN: 39-6003202
- Address: 545 W. Dayton St. Madison, WI 53703
- Website: www.madison.k12.wi.us
- Your start date can be found on our Employee Self Service Portal (ESS).
- Please leave your end date blank if you do not have the exact date.
- Please leave average hours per week blank if you do not know the exact amount. This field will be completed by HR with the number of hours per week listed on your contract.
- On Question 9, please mark YES and go to section 4.
After your document has been filled out correctly, please allow up to 4 weeks for us to process your documents. Once completed, your forms will be signed by the Senior Executive Director of Human Resources or by a designated Human Resources official. They will then be sent to you via email and the original documents will be mailed to your home address. Please submit all forms to us by September 30th to ensure that your form is returned to you by the October 31st deadline.
- Employees are encouraged to review their eligibility for forgiveness and submit their forms electronically here.
- Does an employee need anything special to obtain an income verification?
- How and when does an employee need to create a Salary Key?
- What is my User ID and PIN so I can obtain a Salary Key?
- What Employer Code do I use?
- Is the information secure?
- Who is considered a verifier?
- I am a new hire; will my data be in The Work Number?
- Why does MMSD outsource verifications of employment?
- What information is provided to The Work Number?