Multi-Tiered System of Supports
MTSS, also known as Response to Instruction and Intervention (RTI2) the integration of evidence based instruction, interventions, and assessments to address the full range of student academic and behavioral needs present in today’s classroom.
The promise of using a MTSS model is to support and challenge every student to reach their full potential.
MTSS provides the structure to ensure that all efforts of the district are coordinated and consistent. To that end, the MTSS department supports the district and schools by using data and problem solving to support all students.
Specifically, MTSS provides support to the district and schools in the following ways:
- District - Support and consultation to district departments around high quality instruction and intervention, data and problem solving, and assessment
- Schools - Direct technical assistance and consultation in the following areas:
- Building infrastructure (systems)
- Implementing interventions
- Using data to make decisions