Partnership Program Proposal
Madison Metropolitan School District welcomes community groups to actively collaborate in mutually beneficial programs that meet common goals and accomplish together what one organization cannot do alone. MMSD collaborates with community organizations and nonprofits, post-secondary institutions, businesses, charitable foundations, health agencies, arts organizations and social service agencies.
The Partnership Program Proposal process for establishing either a partnership program or service agreement is required in order to address the very basic public questions about initiatives that are not led by MMSD staff: "Who are these people and what are they doing in our schools?" or, "Who is this person and what are they doing with my child?"
MMSD considers a Partnership Program as a two-way street. A Partnership Program is multi-faceted and requires input, evaluation and attention from the partner, schools, and central office. Formal Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) that requires the partner organization and District to meet, develop mutually agreed upon goals and metrics, monitor, and report on progress; adjust or end partnership when necessary.
What a partnership program is
- Collaborative relationship to address areas of need as identified by the District and in alignment with the Strategic Framework.
- Directly serves students, typically during school instructional time.
- Partnerships are time-bound and do not automatically renew upon expiration.
- Partnerships are reviewed annually with all parties involved (District, School, Partner) through mid-year and end of year reporting.
What a partnership program is not
- Delivery of a program / service that is duplicative of or provided by MMSD Staff or another established partner.
- After School Child Care and Programming. That may require a service agreement and facilities rental agreement.
- Promotion or Marketing of your organization’s services or distribution of your organization’s products.
- A request for funding from MMSD to support an organization’s operational/administrative expenses.
- A Partnership MOA is developed around a program offered through an organization or institution; it is not a program that the provider wants to pilot through MMSD.
- Dependent on conducting research involving students/staff that is used to develop a new for-profit program to be offered by an organization.
Get started by submitting a Partnership Program Proposal in the form below to be reviewed by the Department of Strategic Partnerships. New and updated Partnership Program Proposals are reviewed on a monthly basis by a team of MMSD staff members most affected by this Proposal. You will be contacted by staff regarding your next steps and additional information will be gathered.