How do I enroll my student?
There are two steps in the enrollment process for new students to the Madison Metropolitan School District.
If you are enrolling a previously enrolled or continuing student, click here.
Enroll online at https://www.madison.k12.wi.us/registration-enrollment.
All GRADES: To enroll for the current school year, click on the ENROLLMENT FOR ALL GRADES.
4K/KG: To enroll for the school year, click on BEGIN ONLINE ENROLLMENT 4K & KG.
For computer assistance or internet access, call the enrollment office at 608-663-4957 or your school. Access your school contact information here.
- Contact your school to schedule an appointment. For MMSD schools’ contact information, click on this link to retrieve your school’s information. View this link to find out about the enrollment assigned days/week.
You will need to provide 4 documents to the school:
- Verification of your child’s age (either birth certificate**, passport, or health record).
- Verification of your address in the school district (either lease, recent utility bill, or mortgage).
- Vaccination record
- Verification of parent/guardian identity and relationship -- official photo identification (driver’s license, passport or government issued ID) and the student’s birth certificate** or court documentation providing proof of parent/guardian relationship. If you are unable to provide verification, please contact the MMSD Enrollment Office at 608-663-4957 or email@example.com
- NOTE: The parent who enrolls the student confirms the verification of the second parent as long as the second parent's name is listed in the student's birth certificate.
** Wisconsin law strictly prohibits copying Birth Certificate (BC) as it is considered a vital record. Virtual meetings with parents through zoom will be used to verify date of birth and parent/guardian-student relationship.
Use the enrollment checklist as a guide to help you prepare the enrollment documents you need for your student’s enrollment.
For more information, visit the frequently asked questions page.
How do I know which school is my child's school?
The school your child attends is based on your address in the district. Online enrollment tells you which schools correspond to your address. If you want to do a search before you complete online enrollment, use the “find your school” application.
Elementary: Kindergarten to 5th grade.
Middle: 6th grade to 8th grade.
High: 9th grade to 12th grade.