Frequently Asked Questions: Using DonorsChoose in the MMSD
DonorsChoose is a crowdfunding platform that supports preK-12 public schools. Teachers request items on DonorsChoose, donors from anywhere donate funds for a project on DonorsChoose, and DonorsChoose orders the materials and ships them to schools. All of the Crowdfunding in MMSD Guidelines apply.
- How can principals stay updated on pending DonorsChoose requests?
- Does MMSD use DonorsChoose?
- Do the Crowdfunding in MMSD Guidelines apply?
- Can MMSD request materials and supplies on DonorsChoose?
- Can MMSD staff request Chromebooks and/or iPads on DonorsChoose?
- How long does a project stay on DonorsChoose?
- What can I do if it looks like my project will not get all the funding needed?
- Does DonorsChoose fund things other than materials? How does that work?
- How do principals know when a project is funded and materials are being shipped to the school?