MMSD is the second largest school system in Wisconsin and has a student population of approximately 27,000 students in 32 elementary schools, 12 middle schools, 4 comprehensive high schools, 2 alternative secondary schools, several alternative programs, and a 56% minority student population. Our district has a simple but bold vision – to ensure that every school is a thriving school that prepares every student to graduate from high school ready for college, career and community.
We know this vision doesn’t come to life without dynamic leaders in every school. We are focused on becoming a model urban school district that serves our children and families better than ever before. If you are a leader who is passionate about changing the face of urban education, MMSD has something to offer you.
Minimum Qualifications to be Considered for Principal and AP Roles
- Evidence that candidate is eligible to be certified by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction as Principal PreK-12 (51)
- Demonstrated alignment to District vision and core values
- Demonstrated leadership experience that drives school improvement
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence with equity and a sense of urgency towards closing the achievement gap
- Training, experience, and expertise in the following areas of education: working within an instructional team, standards-based instruction and assessment, culturally relevant and differentiated instruction, and technology skills to enhance professional learning and instruction.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of data to improve student learning and in the design and implementation of professional learning experiences to enhance adult use of student data to improve practices and drive school improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to establish relationships with students, staff, parents and the community.
The MMSD is seeking leaders whose knowledge, skills and experience align with our core mission, vision and beliefs as outlined in our strategic framework. If this is you, please apply below.
Meet Our Current Leaders